Straight Line Pro Moving Services, Terms and Conditions
(Based on standard moving industry models)
Clarification of our Terms and Conditions:
- Our Guarantee: At Straight Line Good services is what we strive for, your furniture and boxes will be moved in an orderly careful manner. Using equipment and dollies, we will professionally move with care and all due consideration. All efforts to prevent any damage will be taken.
- Delicate Items which are not packed: Sometimes we end up moving things such as, unpacked glass, un-boxed pictures, lamps, shades, and electronics. While we can move it, they are not covered under declared valuation. We will go to great length to ensure that these kinds of items will not damaged by using pads and wrap should you decide you would like us to move them any ways.
- 'Past its due date': If you have articles in your home that are on 'their last legs' or already falling apart, please do not expect them to survive the move!! We take great pride in our services – and we will do our best to exercise all due care and attention, at all times.
- Released Valuation: Released valuation at the rate of $0.60 per lb./per article provides minimal protection. This option is available to you at no additional cost. Unless your furniture and belongings are of nominal value, this will not provide adequate protection.
- Declared Value Protection: - for which you are charged a small premium: For articles that may incur slight or moderate damage, and are repairable, we will have the item repaired by an independent qualified contractor, at our expense. For articles that may incur moderate, to severe or extensive damage, and are not repairable, compensation will be awarded for the replacement value; specifically, the current market value of the article. Factoring in the age of the article and including depreciation. Restitution will be equal to a comparable unit of the same age and size. Declared value is charged at a rate of $3.50 per $1,000 of protection coverage. That is $35 per $10,000 of coverage/ $100 deductible.
- The contents of self-packed boxes are not covered under declared valuation.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event you have booked service with Straight Line Pro Moving and you decide to cancel without reasonable notice you can and will be liable for costs incurred even if we did not do your move. Those costs can be deducted off your retainer or credit card deposit. In light of the fact that services have begun for you such as planning, travel time, and fuel costs, compensation for our services is totally reasonable. For this reason we ask for a minimum of 48 hours notice on canceled reservations and moving contracts or cancellation fees will apply. This is especially critically important during busy times of the month when many other customers are waiting in line for the use of our moving services. It is easy to understand that time we have booked for you will mean a loss of sales for us in the event you cancel without notice.
- Special considerations: As part of our service, where appropriate and as time permits; our movers will draw your attention to articles in your home that exhibit any nicks, dents, scratches or extensive pre-existing damage for the purpose of full disclosure - prior to being moved.
- All furniture and household belongings are subject to normal “wear and tear” and display signs of age in the course of the everyday living environment. It is quite common, in the instance where the left-side of your sideboard or buffet has been facing-in to the corner of the room for the past several years, that when it is placed in a different position in the new residence, a long-forgotten or unnoticed scuff or blemish ‘suddenly’ becomes visible.
- We recommend that you conduct a close examination of all articles in your home a day or two prior to your moving date. When the movers arrive, you may point out any articles that exhibit prior damage or appear to be fragile or weak, so that extra care can be taken to attempt to avoid any further deterioration.
- Solid wood furniture is built to last. Furniture items made of press board, particle-board and fiberboard are not insurable. Structural integrity rarely exists in these products. These units arrive to you, unassembled, in a box. The screws and plugs with which these units are assembled are generally adequate enough, while they remain stationary. Once assembled, these articles are not sturdy enough to be moved and/or transported.
- Of note, the movers will not be responsible for any lost or missing keys that may belong to any drawers, cabinets or storage lockers. It is the owner’s responsibility to safely secure all keys on their person, or securely tape the key(s) inside the drawer or cabinet (leaving it unlocked). If the drawer or cabinet is locked or self-locks during the move, it is the owner’s responsibility to retain a “spare key” or hire a locksmith to reopen the cabinet.
- Preparation for your move: A very important, but often ignored, aspect of your move is that of appliance servicing. Most machines and mechanical equipment in your home will need to be properly prepared for the move. This will protect them from internal damage.
- Examples of articles in your home that require servicing before being moved are washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, stereos, grandfather clocks and water beds. A licensed professional should do all servicing of these articles. It is the owner’s responsibility to make arrangements for appliance servicing.
- Always remember that if any of these articles are not serviced before transportation, they will travel at the risk of the owner for any internal damage that may occur.
- In the event of a claim: There needs to be an assessment and review for a claim evaluation. This includes, the condition and age of the article as well as determining culpability for any visible damage. Our crew is trained and instructed to disclose any incident that occurs. They are under no pressure of consequence in this regard.
- In a situation where it’s not clearly apparent whether it’s pre-existing damage or recently acquired during the move, at our discretion we may accept full responsibility, 50/50 partial responsibility or establish no fault on our part. Any and all damage claims are assessed on an individual basis. When it is determined that we are at fault, we will make a fair and reasonable offer of settlement. Where we are unable to make an assessment, we consult with our insurance underwriter and/or elicit the services of a professional appraiser.
- An insurance claim does not release you from your obligation to pay all lawful charges for moving services and transport. Payment is due on delivery. Should payment not be made, the driver reserves the right to retain goods on the truck until such a time that payment is made for service as per the Motor Carrier Act.
"Were Moving, the Right Way!"